OWA Tray Monitor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huge (incorrect) message counts in OWA Tray Monitor

2 posters

Go down

Huge (incorrect) message counts in OWA Tray Monitor Empty Huge (incorrect) message counts in OWA Tray Monitor

Post by Dan the LAN MAn Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:22 am

I am a newbie to OWA Tray Monitor. Just installed on my own W7 Pro 64 desktop and figured out settings which appear to work in spite of the missing documentation for v2.x.

I am happily getting new mail notifications, but hovering over the tray icon shows a huge message count (14,227) for a brand new user who in reality has only 1 message in their inbox! I suspect the large count reflects the entire email system or ??? and not just the intended user. Also, I see notifications for individual FAX receptions being automatically posted into SharePoint Services within SBS 2008 "
companyWeb"
site.

I have tested with a couple user accounts and message count appears to be the same - incorrect. Am only using balloon and tone notifictions. Anybody else using this tool with Microsoft Small Business Server 2008? My client's is running Exchange 2007 SP2. Any problems like what I am seeing?

Thank you - Dan the LAN Man - San Diego, CA USA

Dan the LAN MAn

Back to top Go down

Huge (incorrect) message counts in OWA Tray Monitor Empty [RESOLVED] Huge (incorrect) message counts in OWA Tray Monit

Post by Dan the LAN MAn Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:42 pm

I played around trying different settings in the OWA Tray Monitor Options and discovered if I simply UNCHECKED the "
Use Windows Domain Credentials"
box appearance on the Basic Settings tab, the notifications now correctly display the acutal unread message count for the user! XLNT!

Thanks for letting me help myself ;<br />) and thanks to The Drunken Bakery for this clever tool. It is going to help out my remote end users considerably.

Dan the LAN Man - Poway, CA USA

Dan the LAN MAn

Back to top Go down

Huge (incorrect) message counts in OWA Tray Monitor Empty Re: Huge (incorrect) message counts in OWA Tray Monitor

Post by admin Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:24 pm

Hey, sorry for not getting back sooner, OWAtray is a hobby and I don't have time to always check in daily.

Not sure why you are seeing what you are seeing, I haven't run across anyone else with this issue. Glad it is working now though.

Thanks for your interest.
admin
admin
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

http://www.owatray.com

Back to top Go down

Huge (incorrect) message counts in OWA Tray Monitor Empty Re: Huge (incorrect) message counts in OWA Tray Monitor

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down