OWA Tray Monitor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tray Icon Colors

2 posters

Go down

Tray Icon Colors Empty Tray Icon Colors

Post by SantaAnaSlim Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:26 pm

I know this sounds silly, but the tray icon when there's no email is an orang-ish envelope, when you receive a new message is turns into an orange-ish "
blurb"
(not sure what else to call it). The difference between the two icons is too slight, it's hard to notice you have a new message if you weren't at your desk when the message arrived.

I know you said you didn't have plans to allow custom icons, but I'd really like to see two distinct icons. A WHITE or GRAY envelope when there are no messages and then an ORANGE envelope (or blurb thingy) when a new message arrives would really stand out. Just my two cents. I really like your application.

It's not OPEN SOURCE, right? I would be happy to modify it myself, I was going to try to write my own app, but your app does everything I need, so thank you for that.

Thanks,
Slim

SantaAnaSlim

Back to top Go down

Tray Icon Colors Empty Re: Tray Icon Colors

Post by admin Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:20 pm

Sorry for not replying sooner.

You can do this already by replacing the '.ico' files in the OWAtray binary folder with whatever other icon files you would like to use. When you restart OWAtray then these will be picked up automatically.

Code:

C:
\Program Files (x86)\OWAtray\email.
ico
C:
\Program Files (x86)\OWAtray\comment_rect.
ico
Hope this helps.
admin
admin
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

http://www.owatray.com

Back to top Go down