OWA Tray Monitor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Automatically reconnect

2 posters

Go down

Automatically reconnect Empty Automatically reconnect

Post by dkump Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:03 am

When I login, OWA Tray starts before I'm connected to a network. Sometime it may take several minutes before I can get on the network. OWA Tray gets a connection failure, and the log says "
changed state to failed"
. Then it just sits in the state forever, What I'd like to happen is for OWA Tray to reconnect after I get on the network. It doesn't have to be smart enough to actually know I'm now connected to the network, but I'd like it to at least try to connect again at the next update interval. Is there any way to have it automatically connect like this? I'm running version 3.2.0.0 on Windows 7 64 bit.

dkump

Back to top Go down

Automatically reconnect Empty Re: Automatically reconnect

Post by admin Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:54 pm

No, sorry, there is no functionality for this at the moment.
admin
admin
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

http://www.owatray.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dkump Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:51 pm

I wanted to ask about this topic again. First, I don't see any enhancement that will retry a connection after it fails. If that's still true, is it possible to at least delay the first attempt until 2 minutes so I can get on the network first? I don't see anything in the UI or config file, but thought I'd check here. Thanks.

dkump

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:10 am

Hi, this doesn't seem like an unreasonable request. Retrying to connect on the update interval would be overkill, however retrying "every so often" if not connected does seem sensible. Leave this with me and I'll consider a feature upgrade.
admin
admin
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

http://www.owatray.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down