OWA Tray Monitor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question(s)...

2 posters

Go down

Question(s)... Empty Question(s)...

Post by noviceuser Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:47 pm

I am looking to deploy this over the network to lets say 20 users. I have the means to do that. What I am looking for however is answers to a couple of questions.

1) In order to make this extremely simple for the end user I am looking for a config file that I can customize before sending this out that I can package with it. I looked and there doesn't seem to be such beast;
or I just am not seeing it.

2) From what I can tell in order to get the auto discovery to work I needed to have the email address entered as well as "
Use Windows Credentials"
selected in order for teh Autodiscovery to work... Is this correct? I'm not so worried about this one if I can set a file and hard code the information anyway.

3) If there is a configuration file... can I use environment variables like %username% to configure things like the email address or what do I need to put in order to pull that information in?

BTW this program already as is... it's a GODSEND!

noviceuser

Back to top Go down

Question(s)... Empty Re: Question(s)...

Post by admin Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:03 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

1. There is a config file, installed by default in,

Code:
%localappdata%\OWAtray\scenario.
xml
which contains the email specific properties. Dropping a replacement into here will configure the application.
2. Yes, if you are inside a domain (which you obviously are) then the only options you need to select are 'Email Address', 'Attempt to use Autodiscovery' and 'Use Windows Domain Credentials'. You may also need to modify 'Exchange Version' to match your Exchange server.
3. Open a copy of the file in (1), modify the attributes to match (2) and deploy with the main app.

Let me know if you need anything else.
admin
admin
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

http://www.owatray.com

Back to top Go down